Stump the Arborists
After a long hard winter, (like the one we just had!) sometimes homeowners will discover that their trees are worse for wear. Maybe a bad winter storm caused trees to lose major branches or knocked out a tree altogether.
Maybe existing tree stumps from years past caused issues while you were attempting to move snow — we definitely had to push the piles further back a few times this season.
Either way, whether they are old or new, you have stumps to deal with. What is the big deal with getting rid of them? Why should they be removed?
- Stumps are an eyesore for starters. You may have a beautifully manicured yard, but one stump can ruin the aesthetics.
- Stumps can get in the way of your plans for a new pool or deck (or snow removal).
- Kids trip on stumps. Adults trip on stumps. Neighbors trip on stumps. Stumps can be a liability and a hazard to those around you, depending on the height and placement of your stump.
- Stumps attract bugs. Not the good kind of bugs either. These bugs eat wood for breakfast (literally) and aren't afraid to move onto the wood of your house if the stump is close to your home.
- Stumps will try to grow a new tree. Roots of trees can grow easily 6ft into the ground. When a stump is left to sit in your yard, the entire root system is still in place. The roots will try to regenerate itself and shoot tiny little trees up right next to where the old one was. Instead of having just a stump in your yard, you could end up with a whole bunch of scrubby little trees and a stump.
- Stumps are particularly unfriendly to lawnmowers and have a tendency to bite them when lawnmowers get too close. This can result in permanent damage and/or the death of your lawnmower (or at least the blades).
Call us at Premier Tree Service today and let us take care of your tree and stump removal needs.